Thanks for saying you'll email Durham County Council Planning with an objection in your own words.
Remember to include some reasons you’re opposed to a new coal mine.
Here are some examples of things you could say:
Please don't change the subject line and first line in the email box:
- We need to stop burning coal, the fossil fuel which contributes most to the climate emergency
- The destruction of habitats of protected species
- The dust from explosions is harmful to local communities
- Durham County Council have declared a Climate Emergency
- See Coal Action Network for more info - click
- Remember to be polite!